13/04/11 14:51 by Andrey Shitov (ash)
This is the Fourth YAPC::Europe 2011 Newsletter.
First of all, we'd like to remind that less than two days left before the Early Bird price expires. Save 20 Euro and join YAPC attendees today!
In this issue:
- Initial list of proposed talks
- Perl 6 hackathon
- New sponsor
We have a number of talks proposals that our speakers suggested. The deadline for submitting talks is 17th of July, and today we can show you what we've got in our collection already.
There will be lots of talks about Perl and its community for people of every level and role: from beginner to advanced users, for both programmers and managers. Take a look at the following list.
- What's new in Perl 5.14
- Bending syntax with 5.14
- Bending semantics with 5.14
- Perl 5.16 and Beyond
And the rest go in alphabetical order:
- Adventures in Marketing
- Axes, maths, theremins and other tools for change
- Cool, bonsai, cool - An introduction to ElasticSearch
- Dependency Injection and TDD
- Deploying Plack web applications
- Euclid, Socrates and Mill - Quality in Documentation
- German Perl Workshop 2012
- Gnokii - an alternative approach
- Hg vs. Git
- I <3 my Community
- It's the optree that matters
- On releases, deployments, FHS and the ways to get "that code" into the production
- Perl Masons
- Perlude: a taste of haskell in perl
- Plack basics - website best practices
- Redis - A key/value store
- Relationships, the Modern Perl way
- Roman numbers and Perl
- Speaker Training
- State of the Velociraptor
- Template::Flute - Modern HTML and PDF Engine
- Terms of endearment - the ElasticSearch query language explained
- The Legend of Data::Query - a LINQ's awakening
- use types
- Using Regular Expressions
- What's new in Catalyst 5.90?
- Why time is difficult
- Writing Plugins for Padre, the Perl IDE
Perl 6 hackathon
On the 13th of August (Saturday) we are hosting the Perl 6 hackathon.
The Perl 6 hackathon is a one day event for those who want to look at internals of Perl 6 and its development process. There will be people who are responsible for Perl 6 design, specification and implementation, and Rakudo developers. The hackathon will be held in a meeting room in the hotel located in Old Town. Snacks and beer included. Please add this talk to your personal schedule (click the star) if you are going to attend it so that we know which kind of room to book for it.
The Perl 6 hackathon is one of our delighted events: previously we had a very successful hackathon on Perl 6 in Kiev, and we are going to have one more this May during YAPC::Russia in Moscow.
The Perl 6 hackathon is free. All you need there are your laptop and a passion for Perl 6.
Let us introduce our new Sponsor: Google.
- Our Platinum Sponsor: Booking.com
- Our Platinum Sponsor: cPanel Inc.
- Our Silver Sponsor: YAPC::Europe 2010
- Our Sponsor: Findus Internet-OPAC
- Our Sponsor: Best Practical Solutions
- Our Sponsor: $foo magazine
- Our Sponsor: O'Reilly
- Our Sponsor: YAPC Europe Foundation
We thank everybody who have already bought their ticket to the conference and teaching classes.
In the following newsletters:
- Wiki pages
- User profiles
- New sponsors
- Pre-conference meeting
- Attendees dinner
- Conference auction
- Riga sightseeing
See you all at YAPC::Europe 2011 in Riga!